What is Google Authenticator?
Google Authenticator is a TOTP verification tool that generates a dynamic 6-digit verification code based on certain encryption algorithms and natural variables such as time, historical length, and physical objects (like credit cards, mobile phones, tokens, and fingerprints). To enhance account security, we recommend using Google Authenticator as two-factor authentication for account login, crypto transfer, etc.
Download and install Google Authenticator APP
1. iOS: Search “Google Authenticator” on App Store, or click here to download it directly.
2. Android: Search “Google Authenticator” on Google Play Store, or download it here.
How to bind Google Authenticator?
1. Visit CoinEx official website (https://www.coinex.com), log in to your account, and select [Account Settings] under [Account] in the top-right corner.
2. Navigate to [Account Verification] section, and click [Set] on the right side of [TOTP].
3. Get and enter [Email verification code] and [SMS code] to verify your account.
Note: You ONLY need to enter [Email verification code] if SMS verification is not enabled.
4. Open Google Authenticator App, tap [+] at the bottom-right, then select [Scan a QR code] or select [Enter a setup key] to input the 32-digit key manually.
Note: Please back up the secret key properly and keep it offline.
6. Enter the 6-digit [TOTP code] for the newly-added account, then click [Next].
7. Google Authenticator is set up successfully after the above steps.
1. In Google Authenticator App, the default name for CoinEx verification codes is "coinex.com" followed by the email account, which can be used to distinguish TOTP codes for different accounts.
2. CoinEx DOES NOT save your secret key, please back up the key properly and keep it safe. If you forget or lose it, please reset the Google Authenticator here or contact customer support for further assistance.