How to reset TOTP if it is unavailable?
1. Visit CoinEx official website (https://www.coinex.com), click [Log In] at the top-right to enter your email and password, then click [Didn't get code?] on 2FA page.
2. On [Reset Security Authentication] page, choose [TOTP unavailable, apply to reset], then click [Confirm] to enter the reset page;
Or you can click HERE to visit the page directly.
3. Read and confirm the [Reset Instructions], then click [Confirm reset].
4. Enter your email and password, and click [Next].
Note: If you forget your password, please refer to How to Reset/Retrieve Login Password.
5. Get and enter the email verification code, then click [Next].
6. After verification, you will be asked to answer security questions or submit documents for manual review.
Option 1: Answer security questions
(1) Read the reminder carefully, and click [Start now].
(2) There are 4 questions related to your account. Each question has one or multiple correct answers. Please choose the correct answers based on your account.
(3) If your answers are all correct, your TOTP will be reset successfully. Click [Back] to log in to your account and rebind TOTP ASAP.
(4) If you fail to answer all the questions correctly, you can choose [Continue] to answer the questions or [Submit documents] for manual review.
(5) If you have used up 3 chances, you can only submit documents to reset TOTP through manual review. Please click [Continue] to submit documents.
Option 2: Submit documents
(1) KYC verified: Upload a selfie photo of you holding the ID document and a hand-written statement
a. The statement should include the text "Apply to reset TOTP on CoinEx" and the application date.
b. Please include your face and shoulders in the photo, and make sure all text in your ID document is fully visible.
(2) KYC unverified and no deposit/withdrawal records: Upload CoinEx historical email screenshots
Screenshots of historical Email notifications sent to you by CoinEx, LIMITED to notifications on successful signup and successful login (Email body should be included).
(3) KYC unverified but have deposit/withdrawal records: Upload CoinEx historical email screenshots and transaction screenshots from the counterparty
a. Screenshots of historical Email notifications sent to you by CoinEx
- LIMITED to notifications on deposits, withdrawals, and successful signup or login.
- The email body should be included in the screenshot.
b. Transaction screenshots from the counterparty
- For deposits to CoinEx, please take a screenshot from the App or website where you SENT the funds.
- For withdrawals from CoinEx, please take a screenshot from the App or website where you RECEIVED the funds.
- Crypto name, amount, transaction time and TXID should be included in the screenshot.
- Screenshots taken from email inbox or block explorer will NOT be accepted.
1. For account security, the withdrawal function will be suspended for 24 hours after resetting TOTP.
2. TOTP will be disabled after reset. To secure your assets, please rebind TOTP ASAP.
How to change TOTP?
1. Visit CoinEx official website (https://www.coinex.com), log in to your account and then click [Account] - [Account Settings] in the top-right corner.
2. Click [Change] on the right of [TOTP Authentication].
3. Get and enter the SMS/TOTP Code, then click [Next].
4. Get and enter the email verification code, then click [Next].
5. Open the Authenticator App on your phone, tap [+] and then select [Scan a QR code] to bind TOTP or select [Enter a setup key] to input the 32-digit private key manually.
6. Enter the 6-digit code generated in the authenticator App, then click [Next].
Note: CoinEx highly suggests that you back up the private key in a secure way. For example, you can write down your private key on a piece of paper and keep it safe.
7. You've successfully changed TOTP after the above steps.
Note: The withdrawal service will be suspended for 24 hours after changing TOTP.
1. CoinEx will not back up your private key. Please back up the key properly and keep it safe.
2. To avoid login troubles caused by GA code, please think twice before you uninstall Google Authenticator.
3. Do not share information about your security tools with anyone.